Creamy Thai Spice Shrimp
Quick, easy, and delicious – what more could you want!
Thai Spice Shrimp
Serves/ Yield: 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook/ Assembly Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Oil or ghee for frying
- 1 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 c. full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime juice, about 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
For the sauce:
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste or 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. ground Thai Chili Seasoning, or to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salad greens
- Scallions, thinly sliced
Combine the sauce ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix the coconut milk, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Toss the shrimp to coat, then discard any extra liquid.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet and sauté until evenly cooked about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Toss the shrimp in the sauce.
Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl and garnish with chopped scallions.